Round #44 has invited 1,518 applicants to apply for Permanent Residency. The minimum Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) was 484 points.
This includes several Norteway Consulting Canada clients!
Let’s review one of these profiles:
Our client scored a total of 966 points. This is in part, thanks to a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) in the IT field. Independently, they scored 366 points. Included in this profile was their spouse. The points breakdown is as follows:
- Age: The Applicant was 30 years old at the time of application
- Education: The Applicant holds a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree (Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) completed) and a 1 year diploma completed in Canada
- English: The Applicant completed the CELPIP examination and received scores ranging from CLB 7 to CLB 12.
- Skill Transferability: The Applicant has 3+ years of related work experience. This combined with their language proficiency and education earned them an additional 50 points.
As a result of the LMIA that we helped the employer obtain, this client received an additional 600 points.
TIPS to improve your independent score:
- IELTS/CELPIP/TEF Preparation: The Applicant had CLB 7 and 8 in 2 bands. By improving both of these to CLB 9, they could have earned an additional 20 points for their first language. They would also earn an additional 50 points under the Skill Transferability Factors bringing their total to 436.
- Wait for your 1 year of work experience in Canada: Our client was fortunate enough to be working in Canada. They had the potential to earn an additional 35 points for their work experience in Canada by waiting until November 2016. Without re-testing their English, they could have still earned the additional 50 points under Skill Transferability Factors for their education and work experience outside and inside Canada. This would bring their points to 451. If they also improved their English, they would have 471 points.
- Utilize the experience, education and language proficiency of your spouse or common-law partner: Especially relevant in this case was the background of the spouse. They had a level of English equivalent to CLB 7. Had they tested their proficiency through IELTS or CELPIP, they would have earned an additional 12 points. The Spouse has 4-year Bachelor’s degree from outside of Canada. By completing an ECA for this degree, they could have earned an extra 8 points for education. This would bring their total to 491 points, earning them an ITA without an LMIA.
Norteway Consulting Canada works with several language schools in Canada. We can help you find programs to improve your English or French scores under IELTS or CELPIP.
Norteway Consulting Canada has helped many applicants earn the points they need via re-testing, work opportunities, provincial nominee programs and LMIAs to apply for Permanent Residency through Express Entry (CEC, FSW or FST). Talk to us today about your individual situation. We would be happy to help you too!
Leave a Reply