With so many different immigration programs in Canada, it is important that you select the correct path based on your background and qualifications.

A consultation with our team can help put options into perspective for you. We will review your experience and your immigration goals with you and apply them to different immigration program criteria and eligibility to provide an individualized assessment.

Check the list of services offered by our agency:


A study permit is a legal document issued by IRCC that authorizes the holder to study in Canada. Expiration dates are generally given until the completion of the study program + 90 days or until the expiration of the holder’s passport (whichever is sooner). Exceptions to this do apply and visa officers are able to authorize permits for a shorter period of time, if they deem it necessary.

If you intend to study in Canada for greater than 6 months, you must obtain a study permit to do so.

We work closely with many private and public secondary (high-schools), colleges, universities and language schools (ESL/FSL) in Canada.
For many students, we assist right from the beginning with admissions to schools, to obtaining their study permits, working in Canada after graduation and applications for Permanent Residency. This is a one-stop-shop!

List of designated learning institutions by province/territory



Step 1: Choose the province or territory your school is in.

Step 2: Type in keywords such as the name of the school, city, etc.

Step 3: Find the designated learning institution number and write it under the section Details of intended study in Canada on your study permit application.


Thinking about studying in Canada? Contact us today and learn more about our services!

Most foreign nationals in Canada require a work permit to work in Canada. When applying for a work permit, there are different types and steps required to obtain authorization. Work permit types are:

These permits authorize the holders to work for any employer, in any location and in almost all occupations.  Some examples are post-graduate work permits (PGWP), Working Holiday work permits, Spouses of Student’s and/or Skilled Workers in Canada and in-Canada Spouse, Common-law or conjugal partners Permanent Resident applications that are in process.

To access the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), employers must first obtain an LMIA to authorize them to hire a foreign worker.  These work permits are employer, occupation and location specific.  Meaning holders can only work for the employer specified on their work permit, in the occupation and at the location listed on their work permit.  A new work permit is required for a change in employer, occupation, or location in Canada.

Similar to the LMIA-employer specific work permits, these permits authorize the holder to work in Canada for only the employer named on their work permit.  The difference here is obtaining the LMIA.  Under this type, employers instead need to register the offer of employment and pay an employer compliance fee to hire the worker.  The Young Professionals work permit, some occupations in film and television and NAFTA Professionals, among others, fall into this category.

Some exceptions to requiring a work permit do exist.  These are unique situations but some examples are foreign athletes and coaches, members of clergy, foreign government officials, news reporters and certain performing artists.

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) authorizing an employer to hire a Temporary Foreign Worker or assist them with a job offer for Permanent Residency purposes.

The purpose of the LMIA application is to demonstrate that there is a neutral or positive effect on the labour market by offering a job for your permanent residence/hiring a foreign worker.  In essence this means that no jobs are lost to Canadians or current Permanent Residents and/or new jobs are created as a result of hiring/skills transferred to those already in Canada.  The process includes certain advertising criteria and criteria on wages offered.

We have experience with the LMIA process for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, to support a skilled worker for Permanent Residence and with dual intent LMIAs that allow for both.

Most LMIA applications take a minimum of 12 weeks for a decision to be made so it is recommended that you begin this process early.  There are some exceptions to this and if your situation is eligible for an exemption, we will discuss this with you and your employer during the consultation.

Holders of a Canadian passport enjoy visa-free travel or visa on arrival travel to 172 countries and territories.  Citizenship means you can also vote in Canadian elections.  These are two benefits of citizenship in Canada.  To be eligible for Citizenship you must:

  • Be a Permanent Resident in Canada
  • Be 18 years or older
  • Have a physical presence in Canada as a Permanent Resident for a minimum of 1460 days within the 6 years preceding your application and 183 days during each of 4 calendar years
  • Filed your income tax returns in four taxation years within the last 6 years
  • Intend to reside in Canada after obtaining citizenship
  • Pass a Citizenship Knowledge Examination
  • Have adequate knowledge of English or French (some exceptions apply)

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) permanent resident applications are all processed through the Express Entry system.

To qualify applicants must:

  • Meet the requirements of one of the federal programs listed above Not sure? Book a consultation today
  • Meet the language criteria by taking English testing (IELTS/CELPIP) or French testing (TEF)
  • Obtained an educational credential assessment (ECA) by a designated organization.(This is optional for CEC/FSTP applicants, however it is required if you wish to obtain points for education in the Express Entry pool).
  • Create an online Express Entry profile and JobBank registration (if applicable)

Applicants are awarded up to a maximum of 1200 points: 600 based on the individual and 600 based on an LMIA of PNP nomination certificate
Individual points are based on age, work experience, education, language proficiency, etc. Monthly or semi-monthly, the Federal Government invites Express Entry candidates with the highest points to apply for Permanent Residency in Canada.

Since the launch of Express Entry on January 1, 2015:
Lowest cut-off score: 450 points

Last rounds of invitations:
June 29, 2016: 482 points
June 15, 2016: 488 points
June 1, 2016: 483 points
Highest cut-off score: 886 points

Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents who are 18 or older may be eligible to sponsor their relatives to immigrate to Canada through the Family Class.

Family members eligible to be sponsored include Spouses, Common-Law Partners, Conjugal Partners, Dependent Children, Parents and Grandparents.

There are eligibility requirements for both the Sponsor and the Applicant (Sponsored Relative) that must be met.

In the case of a Spouse, Common-Law or Conjugal Partner, there is the option of submitting an application inland (from within Canada) and outside of Canada. Both options have their own unique list of pros and cons that we can explain to you to help you reach a decision.

If you are thinking of sponsoring a family member for Permanent Residency, contact us today to book a consultation.

The provinces have the jurisdiction to create immigration programs to help them with their unique needs. The Provincial Nominee Programs allow the provinces to select individuals who wish to settle in their province and who help the provinces meet their immigration objectives.

Becoming a permanent resident of Canada through a Provincial Nominee Program is a two-step process:
Apply to your provincial or territorial nominee program. Once nominated, you will be issued a nomination certificate.
Apply for permanent residence to IRCC under the Provincial Nominee class.

*For Express Entry streams, you must already have an active profile before you can be considered for a PNP program.

PNP streams currently available:
British Columbia- Express Entry, Skilled Worker, Semi-Skilled Worker, International Graduates, International Post-Graduates, Health Service Professionals and Business
Alberta- Skilled Worker, Semi-Skilled Worker, International Graduates, and Post-Graduate Worker
Saskatchewan – Express Entry Skilled Workers, Entrepreneurs, Farm Owners and Operators, and Saskatchewan Experience
Manitoba – Skilled Workers in Manitoba, Skilled Workers Overseas and Business Opportunities
Ontario – Express Entry (Human Capital and French-Speaking Skilled Workers), Skilled Worker, International Graduates, Business
Nova Scotia – Entrepreneurs, Skilled Workers, Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry and Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
New Brunswick – Express Entry, Skilled Worker with employer or family support, Business investment
Newfoundland – International Graduates, NLPNP Skilled Worker and Express Entry Skilled Worker
Prince Edward Island – Business Investment, Skilled Worker, Critical Workers, PEI PNP Express Entry
Yukon – Business, Skilled Worker and Critical Impact Workers
Northwest Territories – Express Entry, Critical Workers and Business

Visitors in Canada require either a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

An eTA is a new entry requirement that applies to visa-exempt foreign nationals who intend to fly to Canada. Citizens of the United States and those holding valid TRVs are exempt from this requirement.

If you are not from a visa-exempt country, you will require a TRV to travel to Canada. In order to apply for a visa you must be able to prove you can afford your entire stay in Canada, including a return flight to your home country, not inadmissible to Canada and will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. You must hold a passport for the full duration of your intended trip to Canada and it is recommended that you purchase emergency travel medical insurance in advance of your trip.